Meditation practices are really going mainstream right now. Just look at what these CEO meditators have to say.
They come from different industries and different backgrounds and they all use meditation practices. Many of them practice Transcendental Meditation.
The article states:
We’ve compiled a list of leaders who say that meditating gives them an edge in the competitive business world. Some have even built it into their company’s culture.
The list includes the following CEOs:
- Ray Dalio – a hedge fund manager at Bridgewater Associates
- Mark Benioff – Salesforce.com
- Andrew Cherng – Panda Express founder
- Bob Shapiro – former CEO of Mansanto
- Bill George – former CEO of Medtronic
- Russell Simmons – founder of Def Jam
- Roger Berkowitz – CEO of Legal Sea Foods ( yum! )
- Robert Stiller – found of Green Mountain Coffee Roaster
- Ramani Ayer – former Chairman and CEO of The Hartford Financial Services Group
- Steve Rubin – former CEO and chairman of United Fuels International
- Nancy Slomowitz – CEO of Executive Management Associates
- Marie Abramson – owner of Tower Companies
- Rick Goings – CEO of Tupperware
- Oprah Winfrey – CEO of OWN TV
Of all the people on this list, I connect mostly with Oprah Winfrey. She has been featured in other articles on this blog, including her interview of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh.
This what the article said about her:
CEO Meditators: Oprah and Others
Oprah Winfrey says she uses TM to connect with GodOprah told Dr. Oz last year that Transcendental Meditation has helped her “connect with that which is God,” according to the Huffington Post.A fairly new devotee, Oprah was introduced to the practice during her work with inner city school systems, where TM has been introduced to children with academic and behavioral problems.
Oprah is one of the CEOs who practice TM. We saw in a previous post that she visited the TM center in Fairfield, IA. That program was truly amazing.
Two other amazing programs on OWN TV were the two segments on her visit to India.
What do you think are Oprah’s motivations to pursue Transcendental Meditation practices? Do you think she is a good role model?
Have you watched her visit to the TM center?
Have you seen the two episodes on India?
Did you like the excerpts of her interview with Thich Nhat Hanh?
Please share your opinions about these shows if you have them. If not, I’m sure you can find some excerpts on YouTube.